Most true fans know a lot about their favourite authors. They’ve read the books. They’ve followed them on social media. They’ve signed up to their newsletter. They’ve read every magazine interview and watched every interview on YouTube. Right?
But what about all those little random things you’ve wondered about your favourite author? The ‘silly’ things like what they like to do in their spare time, their favourite kind of music, how good they are at giving gifts. Those are the things we really want to know.
Proving that there’s so much more to Cecelia Ahern than her incredible writing talents, we asked her all the quick fire questions we’re dying to know the answers to.
1. Song that’s most likely to get you on the dance floor212 Azealia Banks
2. One thing you can’t live withoutApart from the people I love…my Smythson journal. It is my actual brain.
3. Something people often get wrong about youI’m smaller than people think. I’m five foot tall. When people meet me they comment on my size.
4. One thing your friends always tease you aboutMy mental stability
5. What’s your guilty pleasure?I have a restaurant empire on my iPad. I spend far too long serving food to customers all around the world in cooking game apps.
6. Best gift you’ve ever received?My husband gave me a sculpture by my favourite sculptor Orla de Bri.
7. Best gift you’ve ever given?Life, to my children. That, or the electric scooter for my husband.
8. Do you have a hidden talent?I love roller-skating, though it’s not that hidden, I have instagrammed my talents.
9. What’s the first thing you notice about someone? Whether they have good energy or bad energy.
10. Who should everyone be following on social media right now?Whoever they want…! Never follow the crowds.
11. Happiest moment in the last yearGoing on a fairy trail with my children through the woods.
12. Favourite weekend activityMy family gathering together in one big noisy fun mess.
13. What are you most proud of?My children.
14. Who do you call in a crisis?Husband, mom, dad, sister, girlfriends. The order of call depends on the crisis.
15. What’s the best piece of advice they’ve ever given you?My mom told me to send my PS I Love You manuscript to somebody in publishing to see what happens.
16. Biggest life lesson so farPeople can hurt you.
17. Something I like more than most people is…Walking in the rain. I love it.
18. Favourite thing about yourselfMy creativity. I don’t just use it for work but it helps with general life, particularly being a mom. It’s a state of mind.
19. Who would play you in a film of your life?I adore Michelle Williams. And she has short blonde hair, which helps.
1. Pen and paper or laptop?Both, but initially it’s pen and paper. I write a chapter and then transcribe and edit as I go.
2. First job?Washing pans and making bacon in a sandwich shop.
3. Things that motivate you when feeling uninspired Mountains, trees, sea.
4. If I wasn’t an author I would be…Somehow involved in film/tv production.
5. What advice would you give to your younger self? Don’t worry, it’s all going to work out fine.
6. Biggest distraction when writingOnline shopping
7. Biggest inspirationLife; observation, imagination and experience.
8. Most useful piece of writing advice that you’ve been givenDon’t follow anybody’s advice. That was the advice I gave to myself.
Finally, what’s one question that no one has ever asked you but you wish they would?Do you like musicals? Yes, I love them so much they make me cry with happiness.
Follow Cecelia on Facebook for the latest news, behind the scenes content and special promotions.
© 2021 Cecelia Ahern. Rights Reserved.